To fully test the ARIS software, a series of games should be created to test different sets of functionality. These are integration tests in that they are games that are created on the legacy editor, migrated to v2 and played on the v2 client. For this to work, each of these systems needs to be operating correctly.
- PASSING "Forgot Password?" sends a password link to the registered email
- PASSING The forgot password link properly resets the password.
- PASSING A new account can be created
- PASSING A player can log in with a username/password pair
- UNTESTED A player can login with the login QR code (TODO: Needs a Code)
Game Picker Screen
- PASSING Nav Bar opens account settings
- FAILING Public Name and Image display existing photo and game name. Allow Changes.
- FAILING Logout Works
- PASSING Change Password Works
- PASSING Each Tab loads games
Game Name: ARISQA: Locations
- Trigger "Immediately" should trigger when player enters range
- Trigger "By touch" with player out of range should be inaccessible
- Trigger "By touch" with player out of range should be accessible
- Show title on/off
- Animate on/off
- Automatic refresh every x seconds
- Automatic refresh after different events (overlaps with requirements testing)
- Viewing a plaque
- Viewing a choice in a conversation
- Viewing an item
- creating a note
- commenting on a note
- liking a note
- Search for "ARISQA" and launch "ARISQA: Locations"
- Reset if needed. Select "New Game"
- PASSING On launch, the "Test Plaque" should appear. This is the "In Range Immediate Trigger."
- On the Map
- PASSING Touch "Large In Range Immediate Trigger." It should be viewable.
- PASSING Touch "Large In Range Touch Trigger." It should be viewable.
- PASSING Touch "Anywhere Range Immediate Trigger." It should be viewable.
- PASSING Touch "Anywhere Range Touch Trigger." It should be viewable.
- PASSING Touch "Out of Range Immediate Trigger." It should not be viewable.
- PASSING Touch "Out of Range Touch Trigger." It should not be viewable.
- PASSING West of LA, there should be a location with no title and not box. Touching it shows it's title to be "Title Off"
- PASSING South of LA, the "Custom Icon" location should have a custom icon
- PASSING South of Nicaragua, "Animate On" should be bouncing
- PASSING East of Florida, "Hidden right below this" should not have anything below it
- With the editor
- PASSING Move a map location, it should update on the client after a few seconds
- PASSING Change a map location's title, it should change on the client in a few seconds
- PASSING Both of the above should also update when leaving the map tab and returning
Game Name: ARISQA: Basic Objects
- Basic Plaque Functions - Specific Media is in the Media QA game
- Conversations are tested in ARISQA: Conversations
- Item - Normal
- Item - Web
- Item - Attribute
- Web Page
- PASSING Open "Video Plaque." it should have a top justified video and bulleted text
- PASSING Open "Image Plaque." it should have a top justified video and bulleted text
- PASSING Open "Normal Item." It should have a pinch-zoomable, centered video and bulleted text. It should have a pickup button. Picking up should move it into the inventory.
- PASSING Open "Webpage." It should display the arisgames.org webpage in a desktop mode. The whole page should be visible.
- PASSING Open "Web Item." It should have a pickup button. Picking up should move it into the inventory.
There are four conversations to check (from the map)
- line and object choices - a conversation with many options for choices (except exit to tab)
- exit to tab choices - the remainder of the choice possibilities
- taking turns - switching characters and handing out items. You should get 1 key (item), 5 coolness (attribute), and 1 ARIS (web item).
- Lose stuff - you should lose 2 of the three items above (but never drop below 0).
Game Name: ARISQA: Decoder and Scanner
- enter/scan def - you should see "scan successful, but... (this plaque is locked)
- enter/scan abc - you should see a plaque
- enter/scan def - you should see a plaque
- enter/scan g - you should see "scan successful, but... (there is no such entity)
Test game is made and ARIS passes.
Game Name: ARISQA: Factories
Game Name: ARISQA: Quests
- A quest with no locks should appear in the quests screen when starting a game, but not show a notification
- Active quests should show their title, HTML description, media and action button if one is selected
- Each of the active quests action buttons should function
- Each of the quest complete notification types should function when started and when completed
- A quest should start when it's "start" locks are unlocked
- A quest should complete when it's "complete" locks are unlocked
- Search for ARISQA: Quests
- Test the Action Buttons of Each of the Active Quests
- On the Map, View the "Start Quests" Plaque
- A full screen notification and a top notification should appear after closing
- The Full Screen, Top and None should now be available in quests lists, others should be gone
- The "Start Modify Player Quest" item should be in the player inventory
- On the Map, View the "Complete Quests" Plaque
- A full screen notification and a top notification should appear after closing
- The Full Screen, Top and None should now be available in complete quests lists, others should be gone
- The "Complete Modify Player Quest" item should be in the player inventory
Game Name: ARISQA: Scenes
- Game Begins in Scene 1 and should have "Scene 1 Plaque 1" available on the Map as well as "Trigger Scene 2"
- By touching the "Trigger Scene 2" location on the map, scene 2 should start. Scene 1 Plaque 1 should disappear and Scene 2 Plaque 2 should appear on the map.
- Scene 3 should begin upon scanning or decoding the text, "scene 3." Scene 3 should have one plaque on the map "Scene 3 Plaque 3."
- Scene 4 should begin upon viewing the plaque 3. Scene 4 should automatically display Plaque 4. Plaque 4 should also be on the map.
Game Name: ARISQA: Requirements
Game Name: ARISQA: Notebook
The Notebook should be tested as two users who are not an author of the game.
- Select new Text Note, give it a description and move the map pin to a location.
- Check that the note appears in "My Notes", "All Notes", and on the game map at that location.
- Opening the note should show the description.
- Select new Camera Note. Take a picture. Should show preview in the left corner. Save. Verify step 2.
- Opening should show the image.
- Select new Camera Note. Take a video. Should show preview in the left corner. Save. Verify step 2.
- Opening should show a video player.
- Select new Photo Roll Note. Select a picture. Should show preview in left corner. Save. Verify step 2.
- Select new Audio Note. Record audio. Hit use. Save. Verify same as step 2.
- Edit a note. Change the description. Add a tag. Change pin location. Save.
- Verify note icon on map reflects tag icon, and location and description are updated.
- Edit a note, hit Delete. Verify it is removed from "My Notes", "All Notes", and the game map.
- Open a note, enter a comment and hit Post. Verify it shows up under the note.
- Open the game on a second device as another player. Create a note and verify it shows up on the map of the first device.
- Delete the same note. Verify it is removed from the map on the first device.
Game Name: ARISQA: ARISjs
Game Name: ARISQA: Game Settings 1
Game Name: ARISQA: Game Settings 2
Game Name: ARISQA: Media
This test game is to make sure ARIS renders various media sizes and formats correctly. The test game is done and ARIS almost passes.
- video thumbnail and play icon is misaligned in a line in a conversation.
- Items are not retrievable from the map yet because their quantity cannot be set.
- web items only display icon as their media, they never show a webpage
There are a mix of image types (jpg, png with transparency, animated gif) and sizes (teeny, pixel accurate, long, short, huge), and video and audio media. Each object type makes use of each media type.
Look for objects on the map. Load them all and check for correct rendering of media.